Ticket & Suite Sales Account Executive - The Detroit Lions (Detroit, MI)
Ford Field Management, LLC is Detroit’s premier sports and entertainment destination and is the game day home of the Detroit Lions. Throughout the year, Ford Field hosts events such as concerts, motorsports, college sports, high school and college graduations, and more. Ford Field also has space available for conferences, meetings, and banquets. Ford Field has hosted major events such as Super Bowl XL and the 2009 NCAA Men’s Basketball Final Four.
Ford Field Management and the Detroit Lions currently have a need for a Ticket & Suite Sales Account Executive. This new position is based out of the Ford Field stadium located in Downtown Detroit. This includes a full benefits package as well as wonderful perks. This position will report to the Director of Ticket & Suite Sales.
The Ticket & Suite Sales Account Executive will be responsible for meeting all sales goals and will take part in expanding our customer base. This position will work within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation and growth, and long-term account goals that are in line with the company’s vision and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prospecting potential Club Seats, Season Tickets, Group Sales and Premium Suite clients via inside and outside sales strategies
- Negotiate pricing within the established guidelines for Club Seats, Season Tickets, Group Sales and Premium Suites
- Involvement in all sales activities, from lead generations through closing the sale
- Responsible for follow-up to all phone, mail, referral, and email inquiries; specifically after mailings and sales events
- Service existing Club Seat, Season Tickets, Group Sales and Premium Suite clients, in addition to assisting with the sales renewal process
- Sell suites to both new and existing clients for all Ford Field events on an individual event basis as well as long-term basis
- Responsible for troubleshooting client concerns and arriving at sound resolutions to issues and concerns
- Attend non-gameday sales events, including but not limited to, open houses, training camp and draft day party
- Supervise sales information booth at company approved events to identify potential sales opportunities
- Work all Detroit Lions home games and Ford Field events to ensure satisfaction to all Season Ticket, Club Seat, Group Sales and Premium Suite Clients
- Maintain a high-level of guest services, resulting in guest satisfaction and sales renewals
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with clients, guests, co-workers and the public at large
- Perform other duties as assigned
- The ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and develop solutions quickly and effectively
- Well-developed negotiation skills, with the demonstrated ability to independently close the sale
- The ability to assess one’s own strengths and weaknesses, set goals, achieve objectives and strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Shows persistence, overcomes obstacles, and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals
- Excellent personal motivation with the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment along with the ability to work in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communications skills. This includes the ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and get clarification, possess excellent group presentation skills, ability and willingness to actively participate in meetings, as well as the ability to write clearly and informatively
- An innovative thinker who displays original thinking and creativity and meets challenges with resourcefulness
- Ability to assess the needs to potential clients and develop recommendations
- Good judgment, a willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, and includes appropriate people in the decision-making process
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule in order to be available for scheduled events, including nights, weekends and holidays
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales, Communications or related field required
- A minimum of 1 year of inside or outside sales experience required
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office(Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) required
- Experience in a professional sports or entertainment venue preferred
- Working knowledge of sales and marketing techniques for a large stadium/entertainment venue preferred
- Experience working with Ticektmaster and Archtics preferred
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales, Communications or a related field?
2. Do you have experience working in sales? If so, describe your sales experience. This should include how many years of sales experience you have, if your experience is mainly inside or outside sales and the industry or product your sales were focused on.
3. Do you have experience with Archtics or any other ticket management system? If so, please describe how many years you have worked with the system(s) and what specific system(s) you’ve worked with.
4. What excites you the most about the Detroit Lions in regard to the Ticket and Suite Sales Account Executive opportunity?
5. What is your salary expectation for this position? Candidates who fail to provide an appropriate response will not be eligible for consideration.
Apply for this position